BORÉAL PET FOOD is a family-owned Canadian pet food company. With more than 30 years of
experience, the founders of BORÉAL are committed to the nutrition and health of dogs and cats to help pet lovers offer the best nutrition to their little companions through high-quality, natural, healthy, low carb and low glycemic index diets.
At BORÉAL PET FOOD, we’re pet lovers above all! Dedicated to helping local pets in need, shelters,
rescues, charities as well as donation drives and fundraising campaigns. Moreover, to allow all pet lovers
to be able to offer the best possible nutrition to their little loved ones, we offer different ranges of products adapted to the needs of our customers.
Our dynamic team seeks to employ humble, driven and diverse team members who are just as passionate
and fun as we are. If you are wanting to be part of a growing company full of dynamic and enthusiastic coworkers look no further!
We are currently seeking a full-time Sales Representative to support the Québec market; this candidate will also be the liaison for our Chain customer’s head offices in the province.
Location: Home-based office
Territory: Province of Québec, while we would like to outline a detailed territory, experience and the right
candidate is our main concern. Confirmation of geography to be determined on individual basis.
A Snapshot of the job:
This position reports directly to the National Sales Manager, with communications to the General Manager and President. This candidate is responsible for:
- Growing Boréal Pet Food sales in an area based in Québec
- Set up appointements and call on Specialty Pet Food Retail Locations
- Establish a professional relationship with retail locations and their staff
- Build awareness on the Boréal Brand and present new products and specials
- Train stores staff and encourage completion of the On-line training program
- Work closely with Boréal Distributor Representatives to support Boreal Sales
- Work closely with Distributors on monthly marketing/promotional efforts
- Work closely with key accounts/head offices based in province as/when requested
- Listen to and address any concerns of the customers, which includes following up on any
opportunities or complaints
- Track sales and keep detailed customer records to ensure optimal communication
- Attend industry trade shows as directed by Boréal
- Report as requested to Boréal Management, including sales call volume, summaries and expense
- Update Boréal Management on trends in the industry
- Overnight stays as required
What we have to offer you:
- An opportunity to join a growing team in an industry that is rapidly expanding
- Competitive salary and commission package
- Vehicle travel expense reimbursement
- A comprehensive company paid benefit plan after 3 months of employment
- A fun, “family”, pet-loving environment
What you will bring:
- Fluently Bilingual in English and French, both verbal and written
- Minimum college diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an outside sales or territory sales position
- Experience in the pet industry preferred
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Boréal Pet Food however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Boréal Pet Food is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Robyn Voin, Human Resources Manager. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.