Do you have a soft spot for cats and dogs? Do you have a desire to join a company that not only produces products you can stand behind, but also actively works to make a difference in the world?
Almo Nature Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Italy-based Almo Nature Benefit SpA, is a leading manufacturer of high-quality food for cats and dogs and eco-friendly cat litter. The company was founded in 2000 and now serves over 52 countries, including Canada, where it has been in operation since 2008.
Almo Nature is owned solely by (the Capellino Foundation), a nonprofit organization with a mission to protect biodiversity and combat climate change. 100% of the revenues generated by the company (after taxes and expenses) are allocated to the Foundation for the purpose of carrying out its mission. Almo Nature is the economic engine in this business model we call Reintegration Economy, guaranteeing its sustainability and evolution.
We are currently seeking a Territory Manager to join our team. This role will oversee business development for Canada (British Columbia) and United States (Washington and Oregon) and be responsible for executing a comprehensive sales effort with the goal of developing and implementing a successful strategy for growing the business in the region.
As the Foundation inspires and guides all of Almo Nature’s activities, the ideal candidate, in addition to possessing qualified technical and relational skills, will have a willingness to adopt the philosophy of Reintegration Economy and contribute to its development. To that end, the Territory Manager will also be a brand ambassador and country representative for Fondazione Capellino.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, engaging and independent team member that can be relied upon to quickly grow the company. In order to succeed, he or she must be a strategist and not afraid to get things done. The role also requires a passion for cats and dogs, with an awareness and appreciation for the positive impact of nutritious pet food on their overall well-being.
Territory Manager Duties and Responsibilities
● Meet or exceed Almo Nature’s yearly growth revenue targets and out-of-the-door sales objectives.
● Manage house organ trade funds effectively to strongly impact ROI.
● Manage assigned customers and penetrate potential new customer market through effective networking. Build strong relationships in order to achieve and surpass goals.
● Work in close collaboration with key account partners and develop growth strategies, listing strategies, key positioning strategies and execution strategies to meet or exceed goals and targets.
● Collaborate with distributors and business partners to acquire all necessary resources and services to achieve or surpass goals.
● Consistently present, in an efficient way, all Almo Nature promotion activities in order to achieve impactful in-store execution.
● Present new products and achieve strong in-store activation behind new product launches, distribution, and placement. Contribute to and ensure company investment successes.
● Consistently maintain product knowledge about the Almo Nature product portfolio and the Fondazione Capellino business model and provide continuing product training and education to all Almo Nature customers.
● On an ongoing basis, adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
● Continuously seek effective sales strategies in an effort to identify new angles to suit the given objectives.
● Conduct extensive market research with the intent of learning and applying findings to successful strategies.
● Compile and share market data on a regular basis and when requested.
● Participate in and represent Almo Nature at trade shows, community events, and networking events in a professional manner.
● Possesses the Has power of persuasion and the intelligence to recognize opportunities.
● Adapts to an “execution culture” as per the book, Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done.
● Possesses analytical skills, sound business judgment and creative problem-solving skills to drive business results.
● Ability to be Being flexible, is a prerequisite not only for to the success in of the role, but also for because it aligns with the success of the company.
● Exceptionally well organized and driven by success.
● Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations.
● Outstanding negotiating skills.
● Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills.
● Flexible and dedicated to our values.
● Strong team player with energy, passion, competitiveness, and dedication.
Territory Manager Requirements and Qualifications
● University degree in business or a related discipline is strongly preferred.
● Minimum of 2 to 5 years of sales experience; Preferably within the pet food or CPG industry.
● Computer literate.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English. French is an asset.
● Availability to travel up to 40% nationally and internationally.
Please send your resume to Christian Nourry at email@example.com.